Party Wall Hertfordshire

If you live in Hertfordshire and you receive a Party Wall Notice from a neighbour or from someone wanting to carry out works adjacent to your home or your business or your plot then this means your neighbour or a developer intends to carry out building works on the boundary or the Party Wall between your properties, or they wish to excavate adjacent to your property and that the works proposed may cause damage to your property and consequential loss.

Generally speaking, if you are the party which has been served the Notice then you should incur no costs in the matter. This is because the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 usually confirms that the cost for our expert advice and professional services to protect your position and that of your property are met by the ‘Building Owner (the person intending to carry out the works).

Because there is a risk involved you need to know more, the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 is in place in order to offer people served with a Notice protection for their property and their investment. Greenwood Bell can advise all our Hertfordshire customers who receive a Notice what to do and how to  respond. If you want good, solid professional advice from a very experienced Party Wall Surveyor in Hertfordshire, then we are the company to choose.